Public Service Announcement
“I Stand for Animals”
ANIMA: Animals. Faith. Compassion.
Leaders from 12 different faith traditions have come together to speak out for animals in the hope that doing so will help to put an end to cruelty towards our sacred fellow beings.
It’s time to stop the violence.
Animals do have souls and feelings – just like we do.
The Guibord Center has created this one-minute Public Service Announcement as an educational tool to use wherever there is time-limited discussion about how we humans are to treat animals.
This PSA is downloadable and is accompanied by a handout that lists all of the participants involved and their religious communities. ANIMA: Animals. Faith. Compassion. is the full 12-minute short film featuring 26 different faith leaders.
Depending on your browser, clicking the link may result in the video playing in a new tab instead of downloading the file to your computer. If this occurs:
- For Windows users: Right-click on the link and choose “Save as” or “Save target as.”
- For Mac users: Hold down the Control key on your keyboard and click the link, then choose “Save link as” or “Download linked file.”
We are grateful to all who participated in this PSA:
- The Rev. Dr. Gwynne Guibord, The Guibord Center
- Edina Lekovic, Islamic Center of Southern California
- The Very Rev. Canon Daniel Ade, St. John’s Episcopal Cathedral
- Maneck Bhujwala, California Zoroastrian Center
- Sam Bearpaw, Apache and White Mountain Apache Nation
- Saginaw Grant, Elder, Sac and Fox, Iowa and Otoe-Missoura Nation
- Nirinjan Singh Khalsa, Guru Ram Das Ashram
- Dr. RIni Ghosh, Vedanta Society of So. California
- Kush Shah, Jain Center of Southern California
- Rabbi Suzanne Singer, Temple Beth El
- Venerable Miao Hsi, Fo Guang Shan Hsi Lai Buddhist Temple
- Salam Al-Marayarti, Muslim Public Affairs Council
- Sura Das, International Society of Krishna Consciousness
- Rabbi Neil Comess-Daniels, Temple Beth Shir Shalom
- Randolph Dobbs, Los Angeles Baha’i Center
- BK Sr. Vinothini Sivasamy, Brahma Kumaris Raja Yoga Meditation Center
- Prashant Shah, Jain Center of Southern California
- Swami Sarvadevananda, Vedanta Society of Southern California
- Ami C. Shah, Jain Center of So. California